Max. No. Of Participants: 2 per team
Registration Fees: Rs 200/- per team
No. of Rounds: -
- To build the bridge within our specifications that has the highest payload to weight ratio. The bridge must be constructed of approved materials.
- Building Materials: (All materials provided)
- Popsicle sticks
- Wood glue
- Min Span Length - 60 cm - min. There will be a 60 centimetre "gap" which must be spanned by the bridge.
- Max Span Width - 15 cm - min.
- Min Span Height - 15 cm - min. There must be 15 centimetres between the table surface and the lowest point on the bridge span.
- The bridge must be able to stand on its own.
- The bridge must be able to support the load at the loading points. There will be two loading points, each one will be at the "deck" level, 20 centimetres from the centre of the span.
- The Competition :
- Teams must submit their bridge 1/2 hour before the competition for inspection. Teams will be given 15 minutes to modify bridges which do not pass inspection.
- Inspection will test that the construction rules were followed and will record the mass of the bridge.
- Certified bridges will be placed over "Crusher Canyon" by the team members, who may make final adjustments in its position. The canyon will consist of a 60 cm space between two flat desktops. Nothing will be provided to keep the base of the bridge in place during loading.
- Once the bridge is in position, the loading tray will be attached in the position indicated above. The load will hang below the bridge, supported by two bars which rest on the deck of the bridge, 20 centimetres from each end.
- Bridges will then be subjected to loading. Bridge failure will be considered the point at which the bridge breaks or the point at which the loading tray drops more than 5 centimetres from the unloaded position.
- Judging and Scoring:
- The greatest load prior to failure will be a bridge's capacity.
- The capacity divided by the bridge mass will be the bridge's score.
- The bridge with the highest score wins the event.
- In the case of a tie, bridge with the lowest mass wins.
Any student with valid ID card of their educational institute can participate