Max. No. Of Participants: 4 per team
Registration Fees: Rs 250/- per team
No. of Rounds: 1
For those of us, who are tired of straightforward algorithms- put on your thinking hats, and come up with all the bizarre and uncanny ideas you can think of to accomplish the most common tasks. A CONTRAPTION machine is a deliberately over-engineered machine that performs a very simple task in a very complex fashion, usually including a chain reaction. Instead of just “solving” the problem, team have to make the solution as complicated and as convoluted as possible. So go ahead, break the rules, defy all logic, and make life tougher!
The area allotted to each team will be 3m x 3m.
- The arrangement should complete the contraption in a minimum of 5 steps.
- A Step is defined as the action that results in another action working towards the final aim of the contraption/machine.
- Each team will be given 2 trials to show their working arrangement. A setup time of 10 minutes will be given for the second trial.
- A setup time of 2 hours will be given to every team before their first attempt.
- The working time of the arrangement should be less than 3 minutes.
- All energy conversions are allowed to drive the contraption (including potential, chemical, electrical, kinetic etc.)
- Once initiated, manual intervention is allowed only when the contraption comes to an unexpected halt. Maximum times the manual intervention allowed is 3.
- Each unique step carries 10 points.
- Each unique Energy conversion carries 50 points. Thereafter if the energy conversion is repeated the points allotted would be half the initial points i.e 25 for the first same conversion and 12.5 for the further repetitions.
- Each manual intervention made reduces the final score by 15.
- Completion of the final task gives 100 points to the team.
- In case of a tie the winner between the two teams will be decided by the time taken by the contraption to complete.
Contraption is a chain of different ‘energy conversion’ steps in which participants need to convolute the simplest actions with an infinite array of steps. The event consists of only one round which is based on tribute to martyred soldiers in Pulwama attack. Participants have to perform the following task.
Any student with valid ID card of their educational institute can participate