Max. No. Of Participants: 4 per team
- Rs 500/- per team (with 2 SAE members)
- Rs 600/- team (without any SAE members)
No. of Rounds: 2
For all those who believe in setting the place on fire! Here’s a live experience of a racing tournament. Build your own remote controlled IC engine car and come on board! The operator will be given a ramp to stand on, giving visibility of the track and another team member will be allowed to assist him during the operation.
- The arena will be displayed later on the website.
- Rough patches, slopes, obstacles, speed-breakers will be there on the race track.
- SPECIFICATIONS of RC CARS:
- The participants must use the vehicle of frequency of 2.4 GHz
- The machine must not be made from readymade kits like LEGO or Mechano sets or any other kits available in the market.
- However remote controls can be used from various model cars or toys or even those purchased from the market.
- The machine may be roughly classified into structural and functional parts:
- FUNCTIONAL PARTS –
- Gears, differential gear shift, engine with clutch, pulley and pulley belt, springs, motors and servos (non propulsion purposes only), batteries, wheels and suspensions are allowed to be used as available in the market.
- STRUCTURAL PARTS -
- Chassis, body and body cover, steering mechanism have to be built by the participants themselves. Judging for the same will be strict and the participant will be immediately disqualified if any of the above structural components is found to be ready made.
- The team must design the braking mechanism and the mounting suspension system.
- The body cover should be detachable so that the interior can be inspected.
- Note that the decision of the judges will be final and binding and any team found guilty of using ready made parts mentioned in this point will be disqualified.
- FUNCTIONAL PARTS –
- The machine must be propelled forward using IC engines (Max power of 4 CC). But use of any other chemicals, compressed gas, rocket powered systems, DC motors or any other means as found dangerous by the organizers will not be allowed.
- Start control mechanism: The start control mechanism must not provide any thrust to the vehicle along direction of motion of track.
- Those participants using IC engines must note that their starting mechanism must be removable and not interfere with the race.
- The vehicle will be inspected beforehand and will be disqualified if found dangerous by the judges.
- The participants may add some innovative mechanisms (Reverse Mechanism) in their car so as to get bonus points.
- GENERAL RULES:
- The participants must place their RC cars at the start line before start of the race. Any RC car starting beforehand will be given a warning and will be allowed to restart. However if they repeat the false start again then the run will be disqualified.
- Only the operator shall stand on the controlling ramp.
- Only One Member/Team shall be present in the arena.
- Every time the vehicle needs to be lifted or reset either due to it stalling, tumbling or running off the track, it shall be placed at nearest previous checkpoint. The team will be disqualified if any damage to the track is observed.The vehicle cannot be touched for any other reason barring those stated above.
- The vehicle must remain intact throughout the race.
- Teams will have to deposit their wireless remote controllers with the management while reporting every morning.
- No power supply will be given on the track.
- Teams are not allowed to purposefully damage the machine of the opponent’s team. If doing so on track (while racing), the concerned team will get disqualified. Any team that is not competing in the right spirit and indulging in misbehavior will be disqualified. Execution of this rule will be subjective and relies completely on judge's discretion.
- If the timelines are not strictly followed, the organizers shall decide the consequences and the decision shall be final and binding to all teams.
- THE ORGANIZERS RESERVE THE RIGHTS TO CHANGE ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES AS THEY DEEM FIT.
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Any student with valid ID card of their educational institute can participate.
- Each participant can be a part of one team only. If same participant is found as a member of more than one team, will lead to disqualification of both teams.
Any student with valid ID card of their educational institute can participate